You can apply via our online application form
The form is asking for only the information we need at this stage. Please answer as fully as possible. We’ll contact you about any additional information that we might need for us to make an early decision about your application.
We’ll ask you to tell us about your idea and how it fits with the areas we are focussing on. We want to know:
- what it is you’re hoping to change
- how you’ll support communities to make long-term change (especially if your project is about delivering public events)
- how your idea can support powerful and thriving communities.
If we’re interested in taking your idea any further, we’ll contact you to discuss it in more depth.
If it's difficult or impossible for you to complete an application form
You can contact us if you have any communication support needs or any difficulties with completing the form. We’re happy to talk about alternative ways for you to tell us about your idea, like:
- an Easy Read version of the application form and guidance
- a PDF version of the application form
- a British Sign Language (BSL) version of the application form and guidance.
What information you need to apply
We ask for the contact details of the main contact for your application
This should be someone we can talk to if we have any questions about your project.
We ask for the legal name of your organisation and its address
Make sure these are up to date and match up with any information or identity documents we may ask for.
We also ask you to read and agree to our terms and conditions
Read our terms and conditions.
Applying by video
If you’d like to apply by video, you still need to start filling in the application form, but you can send us a link to a video about your project instead of writing about your idea in the form.
We’ve provided full guidance in the application form, but if you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
What happens after you apply
1. You send us your application – we’ll assess your application. Demand for funding is high, so we’ll only be able to take applications that most strongly meet the criteria to the next stage.
2. We’ll take some early decisions about the applications that best meet the criteria in ‘What we're hoping to fund’. We’ll aim to tell you if you’ve been successful in progressing to the next stage of the process within six weeks of submitting your application.
3. If you’re invited to the next stage, we’ll ask for more information about your project – we’ll contact you to discuss your application in more depth. We’ll also send you a short form with more details about your organisation and the main contacts for the project. We'll use the information in this form to update our records and carry out some security checks. (Find out more about the checks we do.) We’ll also ask you about your proposed budget. If you’re not sure about how much you want to apply for, we can discuss this with you. We’ll aim to tell you the decision within four months of being invited to the second stage.
4. We’ll make a decision – your request will be considered by one of our funding committees.
5. If your application is successful – we'll contact you with the good news! Once you’ve been awarded funding from us, here’s what to expect. This page will also let you know about the things you need to do.
We’ll also discuss how we can support you to:
- celebrate and promote your funding
- share your learning with others including other grant holders and future applicants to contribute to wider collaborations in these areas.