You may use The National Lottery Community Fund website subject to these terms and conditions. Access and use by you of this website constitutes acceptance by you of the terms and conditions.
1.1. Registering with the Website allows you to share stories, ask questions and comment on topics. To ensure that all submitted content is appropriate for all audiences, all content will be subject to moderation.
1.2. By submitting content to any part of the Website you grant The National Lottery Community Fund a royalty-free and irrevocable permission to reproduce.
1.3. If you break these terms and conditions, the moderator has the right to remove part or all of your submitted material without warning. If you repeatedly breach these terms and conditions, you may be permanently prevented from registering, logging in and/or posting and have your account deleted.
2. About your use of the Website
2.2. You agree The National Lottery Community Fund may without warning at any time, for any reason, at its absolute discretion, and without liability to you:
- reject your application to be a registered user of the Website; and/or
- remove you as a user of the Website; and/or
- prevent you from accessing any part of the Website, and/or
- delete you as a user and your user account.
3. By using this Website, you agree:
- that you hold the copyright for any material that you submit;
- that you have obtained the appropriate consents from all persons appearing in any content you submit;
- you will not to use the Website to advertise or promote any commercial services, or disseminate spam
- you will not to post anyone’s personal details without their permission;
- not to post any material that can cause harm to another user’s computer;
- not to submit any material that The National Lottery Community Fund in its sole discretion may deem to be offensive, libellous or defamatory, or inappropriate for children;
- not to reformat or frame any part of the web pages that form part of the Website;
- not to create multiple profiles; not to impersonate people or other users: and you must not invade someone’s privacy.
- not to submit material that may have a detrimental effect on the reputation of the National Lottery or of The National Lottery Community Fund as a distributor of public money or as a Government sponsored body; and
- not to make copies in any form of all or parts of the content other than as reasonably required for your personal non-commercial use.
4.1. You must register as a user of the Website to use the online community. The National Lottery Community Fund has absolute discretion as to whether to accept or reject your application to register as a user of the Website.
4.2. When you register as a user of the Website you will select a username and password to access your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Your username must not be offensive or contain profanities. The National Lottery Community Fund can use its discretion to determine whether a user name is appropriate.
4.3. You are responsible at all times for your user account and for any actions that take place using your account. The information that you provide when you set up your account must be true and accurate. If The National Lottery Community Fund suspects that the information provided is incorrect, misleading, or not true then The National Lottery Community Fund may suspend or terminate your account.
4.4. You must immediately inform The National Lottery Community Fund of any unauthorised use of your password, your user account or any other breach of security in connection with the Website. You should ensure that you log-out of your account each time you finish using the website.
5. Intellectual property / Copyright
The National Lottery Community Fund’s Copyright
5.1. All web content including but not limited to the text, images, audio, video and animation placed directly onto this Website by The National Lottery Community Fund is the copyright of or is licensed to The National Lottery Community Fund (the Fund’s Material). You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the Fund’s Material available to any other party or in any other media without prior and appropriate written authorisation.
5.2. The names, images and logos identifying The National Lottery Community Fund are proprietary marks of The National Lottery Community Fund and may not be reproduced without the prior written authorisation from The National Lottery Community Fund.
Requests for such approval should be directed to:
The National Lottery Community Fund
8 All Saints Street
5.4. The Website and The National Lottery Community Fund are not responsible for copyright infringements made by any third party resulting from the publication of your content on the Website.
6. Linking policy
6.1. You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our pages must load into the user’s entire window.
6.2. We only link to our grant recipients, partners and websites which provide useful information which supplements our own information services. Any links or frames which connect the Website to other websites are provided by The National Lottery Community Fund for convenience only, and by accessing those linked sites you agree to any terms of access or use imposed by those linked websites.
6.3. We are not responsible for the contents, accuracy, opinions or links from these websites and we not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of the material on the linked websites.
7.1. To the extent permitted by law, The National Lottery Community Fund will not be liable (including in negligence) for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use of data; or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, incurred by or awarded against you or any other person arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the Website (or any linked website); or any cost, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property (including damage to your software, hardware or data) resulting directly or indirectly from you access to or use of the Website (or any linked website).
7.2. You indemnify and hold The National Lottery Community Fund, its employees, officers and agents harmless from and against any claims, liability, expenses, losses, damages and costs (including legal costs and expenses) (Loss) incurred by any of those indemnified where such Loss was caused directly or indirectly by:
- your access to or use of the Website; or
- any contributions made by you (or on your behalf) to the Website (including, without limitation, Loss caused by a claim that your contribution infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person).
8.1. You acknowledge that you use the Website at your entire risk. We do not guarantee our site is secure or free from bugs or viruses.
8.2. The National Lottery Community Fund is not responsible for any content that originates from non-The National Lottery Community Fund sources. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any such content, and are not responsible for the contents of any submitted material or posts.
8.3. All content is provided on an “AS IS” basis only. We cannot warrant that the Website or any content provided will meet any of your needs or requirements or that it will be complete, error free, accurate or that it will be delivered without interruption, fault or error. Accordingly and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the website and the content, including, but not limited to, any warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights.
9. Contact details and further information
9.1. For a hard copy set of these terms and conditions please send a stamped self addressed envelope to:
The National Lottery Community Fund
8 All Saints Street
9.2. The National Lottery Community Fund reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time therefore you should check these terms regularly.
10. Reporting issues or making a complaint
You may report any comments or complaints about this Website by: e-mail email@example.com or call The National Lottery Community Fund customer service line on 020 7211 3700.
11. Assistance with the Website
If you experience any difficulties with this Website please call The National Lottery Community Fund advice line on 0345 4 10 20 30.
12. Privacy and Data Protection
We will collect data from you when you register to use our Website.
12.2. This data can sometimes comprise personal data, to which UK data protection laws apply. All personal data gathered will be held securely by The National Lottery Community Fund in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. All such data will not be shared by The National Lottery Community Fund with any third party unless required to do so by law.
The information we collect
12.3. We collect the following information from people visiting the Website:
- The questions, queries and feedback people leave, including your email address if you send us email.
- Visitors' IP addresses, and details of which browser they used.
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques; and
- If you send us feedback, a record of your message will be kept in line with our archive and retention policy.
How we use your information
12.5. Any information we collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the Website.
- To contact you via email and notify you of changes to our terms and conditions of use or site maintenance issues.
- To contact you via email and send you information about The National Lottery Community Fund products or services or provide you with updates relating to online community activity. You can opt out of receiving these updates within the settings of your profile if you wish.
12.6. We will never share or sell your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other Website. We do however use our cookies to gather information about how people use our Website using analytics.
13. Connecting to other websites
Following a link to another website
Following a link to The National Lottery Community Fund from another website
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. We don’t gather personal information about you, which we then share with others.
Visit the About Cookies website to learn more about cookies and how you can control them.
What are ‘cookies’?
15. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.