You can apply via our online application form
The form is asking for only the information we need at this stage. Please answer as fully as possible. We’ll also talk to you about any additional information that we might need for us to make a decision about your application.
If we’re interested in taking your idea any further, we’ll contact you to discuss it in more depth.
If it's difficult or impossible for you to complete an application form
You can contact us if you have any communication support needs or any difficulties with completing the form. We’re happy to talk about alternative ways for you to tell us about your idea.
What information you need to apply
We ask for the contact details of the main contact for your application
This should be someone we can talk to if we have any questions about your initiative.
We ask for the legal name of your organisation and its address
Make sure these are up to date and match up with any information or identity documents we may ask for.
We also ask you to read and agree to our terms and conditions
Read our terms and conditions.
What happens after you apply?
- You send us your application – we’ll assess your application. Demand for funding is high, so we’ll only take applications to the next stage if they meet our criteria and expectations.
- We’ll take some early decisions about the applications that best meet the criteria in What we’re hoping to fund. We’ll aim to let you know our decision within six weeks of receiving your proposal.
- If you’re invited to the next stage, we’ll ask for more information about your project – we’ll contact you to discuss your application in depth. We’ll also send you a short form with more details about your organisation and the main contacts for the initiative. We'll use the information in this form to update our records and complete some security checks. (Find out more about the checks we do.) We’ll also ask you about your proposed budget. If you’re not sure about how much you want to apply for, we can discuss this with you.
- We’ll make a decision – depending on how much funding you’re applying for, your request will either be considered by our UK Funding Panel or UK Funding Committee.
- If your application is successful – we'll contact you with the good news! Once you’ve been awarded funding from us, here’s what to expect. This page will also let you know about the things you need to do.