We are accepting applications for the first phase of Dormant Accounts Fund NI. There is no deadline to apply but we are encouraging organisations to take their time and really think about how their project idea will help their organisation become more resilient and sustainable for the future. Organisations must be able to demonstrate how their idea will support the organisation with capacity-building longer term.
Only one grant will be awarded per organisation.
When we talk about capacity-building, we mean building the skills and abilities of staff, volunteers and trustees/board members rather than increasing the number of paid staff.
The aim of this programme is that the NI voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector will be more resilient and prepared for the future, through increased capacity and sustainability.
We expect projects to meet the following outcomes:
- VCSE organisations will be more confident about their ability to adapt to future challenges
- VCSE organisations will be more financially resilient
- VCSE organisations will have increased skills and capacity
- Strategic planning in the VCSE sector will improve
- There will be more collaboration within and across sectors.
If you have a project idea in mind and are ready to apply you can complete the online application form. You can also find some useful advice on applying in this blog.
We have gathered insight and identified some pitfalls from recent applications which might be of help when you are considering your project idea. Read our latest blog to find out more.
Dormant Accounts Fund NI sample application form for reference only - Sample form (PDF 788 KB)
You can also contact us if you would like to talk through your idea first.
When reviewing your application we consider the following:
- The extent to which the project meets the aim and outcomes of the Dormant Accounts Fund
- The extent to which the organisation understands the challenges and opportunities it has in relation to its long-term capacity, sustainability or resilience
- How well does the project respond to the challenges and opportunities it has identified? What will the long-term impact be for the organisation?
- The extent to which the project is likely to positively impact on the achievement of the organisations aim or mission
- How well will the project be managed?
- Local knowledge – how does the organisation fit with the local or thematic context.
We may get in touch with you to arrange a time to discuss your project idea in more detail. We might also ask for further information to help with our assessment of your project, including a more detailed budget and project plan.
Awards made to date
This is a list of organisations who have received funding through Dormant Accounts Fund NI - Awards made through Dormant Accounts Fund NI (PDF 178 KB).
Already got funding?
Download the logo and read guidance on how to use it to acknowledge your grant.
Reduce your environmental footprint
The National Lottery Community Fund cares about our environment and are always striving to manage our environmental impact. We encourage and support projects and communities to do the same. Learn more about how you can make your project or event more environmentally sustainable and perhaps save money at the same time.