Strategy 2023 at a glance
We support activities that create resilient communities that are more inclusive and environmentally sustainable - activities that will strengthen society and improve lives across the UK.
It starts with community.
Our community-led missions and what we’ll achieve by 2030
We’ll support communities to connect by:
- creating accessible, welcoming places, both physical and virtual, for people to meet
- initiating engaging and inclusive activities that support connections within and between groups of people
- enabling people from all backgrounds to shape the future of their communities
- cultivating an increased sense of belonging.
We’ll support environmentally sustainable communities that:
- reduce carbon emissions and negative environmental impact
- create positive environmental impacts
- establish equality of access to the natural environment
- improve the quality of natural spaces.
We’ll enable children and young people to thrive by:
- creating opportunities for children and young people from all backgrounds to enjoy community experiences
- helping children and young people shape the decisions that affect them and their communities
- providing children and young people access to safe spaces to play, participate, socialise and get support.
We’ll enable people to live healthier lives by:
- helping reduce health inequalities
- increasing opportunities for community participation to shape better health services
- taking a preventative approach to health.
- An equity-based approach to tackle inequality
- Supporting communities to build from their strengths
- Supporting what matters most to different communities
- Flexible grant making model with small one-off grants starting from £300 up to £20,000, to longer term grants and strategic significant partnership investments.
- impact focused