Thinking about the future
This is a collection of learning, research and blogs to help inform delivery and plan for the future. As far as possible these are sourced from reputable, recognised VCS organisations, but inclusion on this list does not imply any endorsement or recommendation by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Where are we now?
- Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB): Live feed of traffic and searches on the CAB website - shows real time information on the issues people are searching for on the CAB website.
- Corra Foundation: What we know about the impact of coronavirus on communities and the third sector in Scotland (August 2020)
- IVAR: Covid-19 Briefings - from a series of online peer support groups for charity leaders and the health sector held over the summer of 2020.
- Local Trust: Rapid research briefings - focusing on community responses to the Covid-19 pandemic across England.
- London Community Response Survey: a dataset which presents results of a weekly questionnaire sent to a cohort of frontline civil society organisations from April 2020.
- Think NPC: Covid-19 charity redundancies monitor - collated information and timeline showing the scale of redundancies in the charity sector.
- Think NPC: Interactive Covid-19 data for charities and funders - a regularly updated dashboard showing the places most affected by Covid-19, and demand data from charities Turn2us and Buttle UK.
- Volunteer Scotland: Research on the impact of Covid-19 on volunteering in Scotland.
Thinking about the future
- BlueFrog: Fundraising in 2021- what might we expect?
- Collaborate CIC: Places of the Future. Blog about building a collaborative future.
- EachOther: Throughout August, EachOther are lending their platform to four Black guest editors that will examine the themes of justice, education, charity and journalism in the UK.
- nfpSynergy: Are young people replacing older people as the key volunteering group?
- Third Sector: How non-profit organisations can prepare for a post-Covid world.
- Third Sector: What will coronavirus mean for the charity office?
- Think NPC: Resources and reports about the future for charities.
- Think NPC: Resources and reports about succeeding in the new normal.
- The Transformative Feminist Leadership Group: Feminist leadership during Covid-19 Zoom webinar.
- Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA): How we can prepare for different futures?
Learning from Covid-19
- Community Land Scotland: Community Landowners’ Responses to the Covid19 Crisis
- The Health Foundation: Learning from Lockdown
- Neighbourly Lab: Findings from our research on local engagement during the lockdown
- Nesta: Exploring the future of parks and their increasing relevance during the COVID-19 pandemic
- New Local Government Network (NLGN): Key lessons from the rise of Mutual Aid Groups during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Relationship Observatory: The Moment We Noticed- Learning from 100 days of lockdown
- Rewriting Social Care Blog: The virus and ‘the vulnerable’: have labels cost lives
- Social Metrics Commission: Poverty and Covid-19 August 2020Social Metrics Commission: Who is lonely in lockdown? Cross-cohort analyses of predictors of loneliness before and during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Ubele Initiative: Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on the BAME Community and Voluntary Organisations. Key findings from a survey of 89 BAME-led organisations carried out in March 2020.
- The Young Foundation: How Covid-19 changed community life in the UK
Visit our Evidence Library for evaluations and learning reports from our grantholders. You can also find learning from our grantholders about their response to the Covid-19 pandemic on our 'Learning and Insight about Covid-19 / Coronavirus' page.
We’re making sense of what we’re seeing and hearing from our grantholders at pace, so there’ll be things we’ve missed, haven’t noticed yet or, perhaps, misinterpreted.
We welcome comments or challenge, so that we can continuously improve and develop, and make this work practical and useful.
Please send feedback and suggestions on this content to email@example.com
This page was last reviewed and updated: 11 September 2020