Women and girls initiative
Investing in services for women and girls
- Funding size
- £150,000 - £750,000
- Total available
- £45 million
- Application deadline
Closed to expressions of interest
What's it all about
The women and girls initiative is a funding stream of up to £45 million, which we will invest in services for women and girls. The overarching aim of this funding is empowering women and girls to take control of their lives.
We funded projects that met all four funding outcomes:
- Increased provision of holistic, integrated, person-centred approaches for women and girls at risk
- Increased involvement of women and girls in the design and delivery of the services they use.
- A greater number of women and girls are supported through the provision of improved specialist support
- Better quality of evidence for what works in empowering women and girls.
Projects funded are ambitious and help to create capacity in organisations. Organisations can either focus on specific issues (for example, domestic and sexual violence or mental health), or run community-based services such as a women’s centre or youth group.
Only women and girls organisations were eligible to apply. We defined a women and girls organisation as:
- An organisation that has been established with the key aim of working with women and girls only, or
- The majority of beneficiaries served by the organisation are, and will continue to be, women and girls, and the vast majority of the services will reflect this.
Organisations were able to apply for between £150,000 and £750,000 over a period of 3 to 5 years.