- Funding size
- £500,001 - £1,000,000
- Total available
- Application deadline
This programme is now closed
What's it all about?
This programme is closed for applications
The Sustainable Steps programme is funded by money that has been dormant in bank and building society bank accounts across the UK for 15 years or more. How we will spend this money in Wales has been determined by Policy Directions issued to The National Lottery Community Fund by Welsh Government. This programme has been developed to meet those Directions.
The programme has up to £620,000 to fund a single project that will help to develop the capacity and capability of communities across Wales, to take action on climate change. The successful project is likely to be a partnership that will engage with communities that have previously taken little or no action to address the causes and consequences of climate change. It will support these communities by providing a wide range of initial advice, training and mentoring support.
Sustainable Steps aims to:
- support communities to reduce carbon emissions and adapt to climate change by developing skills, changing behaviour and promoting wider sustainable development.
We will fund a single Wales-wide project that will achieve all the following programme outcomes:
- More communities have better knowledge, skills and abilities to allow them to:
- take action to address the causes of climate change,
- build resilience to climate change and
- live in a more sustainable way.
- More communities are starting to reduce their carbon footprint or adapt to the impacts of climate change
- Learning from the programme informs future climate change and sustainable development policy and project replication.