Through our Supporting great ideas funding, we can make grants to organisations that support innovative and strategically important project ideas that encourage positive social change in Wales.
As part of our COVID-19 response we will particularly seek to support:
- Organisations supporting people who are at high risk from COVID-19
- Organisations supporting communities most likely to face increased demand and challenges as a direct result of measures to prevent the result of COVID-19
- Organisations with high potential to support communities with the direct and indirect impact of Covid-19
We will support organisations who fit these priorities with funding for activities specifically geared to supporting communities through this crisis.
We will be looking to assess:
- How your organisation fits with the priorities we have outlined above?
- What the requested funding would cover?
- If new / additional activity, please describe what the activity would involve, who it will help and why you think it will support the community at this particular time of crisis
- What time period the funding would cover?
- How much funding you are requesting? Please note that we can’t provide unrestricted funding so do provide us with a budget with the main cost items our funding will cover
If you are applying for something that is not related to COVID-19, then our usual funding priorities are below.
Grants are awarded for up to five years and we can fund project activities, operating costs and organisational development costs.
We’re really interested in hearing your ideas. Whether they’re big or small, tell us what you think will improve your community.
Our funding priorities
We support ideas that meet one or more of the following funding priorities.
Show us how you plan to:
- Be innovative – You may wish to test new approaches which tackle a new or emerging issue or new approaches which aim to deliver better outcomes for the people and communities you support.
- Develop projects that will build cross sector partnerships and provide indirect support to communities with aims similar those identified in the Fund’s Civil Society Strategy.
- Enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
What we want to see
You developed your idea by involving the people who will benefit
We want to see that you’ve spoken to people and listened to what they have to say.
You understand the existing activities and services that do similar work
Have you spoken to other groups? What can you learn from them, and how can you contribute to what they already do?
You’re committed to diversity and inclusion and the environment
We’ll want to know about your equalities policy and your environmental policy if we’re interested in your idea.
You’re people led, strengths based and connected
Through all our funding, we’re interested in supporting organisations that are:
- people led - meaningfully involving the people you’re working with in the development and delivery of your activity
- strengths based - making the most of the skills that already exist in communities
- connected - understanding what other relevant organisations are doing and developing good working relationships.