Through our Supporting great ideas funding, we can make grants to organisations that support innovative and strategically important project ideas that encourage positive social change in Wales.
Grants are awarded for up to five years and we can fund project activities, operating costs and organisational development costs.
We’re really interested in hearing your ideas. Whether they’re big or small, tell us what you think will improve your community.
Our funding priorities
We support ideas that meet one or more of the following funding priorities.
Show us how you plan to:
- Be innovative – You may wish to test new approaches which tackle a new or emerging issue or new approaches which aim to deliver better outcomes for the people and communities you support.
- Develop projects that will build cross sector partnerships and provide indirect support to communities with aims similar those identified in the Fund’s Civil Society Strategy.
- Enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
What we want to see
You developed your idea by involving the people who will benefit
We want to see that you’ve spoken to people and listened to what they have to say.
You understand the existing activities and services that do similar work
Have you spoken to other groups? What can you learn from them, and how can you contribute to what they already do?
You’re committed to diversity and inclusion and the environment
We’ll want to know about your equalities policy and your environmental policy if we’re interested in your idea.
You’re people led, strengths based and connected
Through all our funding, we’re interested in supporting organisations that are:
- people led - meaningfully involving the people you’re working with in the development and delivery of your activity
- strengths based - making the most of the skills that already exist in communities
- connected - understanding what other relevant organisations are doing and developing good working relationships.