Our Bright Future
- Total available
- £33 million
- Application deadline
The programme is now closed to new applicants
What’s it all about?
Our Bright Future supported young people to make long-term environmental improvements to their local area, benefiting neighbourhoods and communities across the country. It’s led by the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts (RSWT).
We have invested £33 million in 31 projects across the UK supported by RSWT and their partners who will:
- link the projects together
- help the projects to scale-up or replicate successful approaches
- help the projects share best practice and learning more widely.
We are investing in this area because our research tells us that many young people:
- feel disconnected from their local environment and would like a greater say in how it is shaped and used,
- would like the opportunity to take part in activities that would improve it,
- want to gain the skills and experience that would help them contribute to the green economy (jobs, volunteering or training explicitly linked to environmentally sustainable activities).