We only have a very limited amount of funding to award
We're already heavily oversubscribed and will not be able to support all applications.
We’re also still busy assessing applications for the emergency COVID-19 funding under the Government allocation of funding to the Coronavirus Community Support Fund.
So it might take a while before we’re able to make a decision on your application.
Please bear with us as our funding teams respond to this demand. We’ll assess applications in the order they’re submitted.
Make sure you also check who can and cannot apply before filling out the application form.
If your proposal is eligible, we might ask for extra information after you send your proposal to us
After you send your COVID-19 project proposal, we might get in touch to ask about who will benefit from your project and how COVID-19 has affected your financial position and whether you will run out of money. Don’t worry, it’s okay to tell us if you’re struggling financially during the crisis – we’re only asking for this information so we can work out how best to support you.
- How do you expect COVID-19 to affect your plans for the next six months? For example:
- What difference is it making to your income and spending?
- Do you expect to be able to generate enough income to cover your costs?
- If not, how much additional income do you think you’ll need to cover costs?
- Are you worried that you might run out of cash? If so, when might that happen?
- How much cash or unrestricted reserves do you have that you could draw on if needed? How many months operating costs should that cover?
- What actions are you taking to mitigate the effect of COVID-19? For example, applying to furlough any staff through the Government Job Retention Scheme.
To help you answer these questions, we’ll provide you with a simple table for you to complete with some key financial information.
If you're requesting more than £50,000, we'll ask you to submit an up to date cashflow forecast or budget.
There are two ways to tell us about your proposal
1. You can tell us about your COVID-19 proposal online
Our online form makes it easier for you to tell us about your funding proposals.
If you have any communication needs
Please contact us for help if completing a form is difficult or impossible for you. We’re happy to talk about other ways for you to tell us about your funding proposal.
2. If you don’t want to use our online form - you can email or send us a video instead
Here's what to tell us in your email or video:
- the name of your project
- where it'll take place
- what you'd like to do - how has demand for your services changed?
- how your work will involve your community
- how your project fits with local activities
- who will benefit from your project - how have they been affected by COVID-19?
- what difference your project will make - how will it mitigate the impact of COVID-19?
- how much money you need
- how long you need the money for.
Here's where to send your email or video:
|North East & Cumbria
Covering Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland and Cumbria
Covering Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and Merseyside
|Yorkshire and the Humber
Covering North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire
Covering Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Swindon, Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Devon, Torbay, Plymouth, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
|London, South East and East of England |
Covering Greater London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Bedfordshire, Peterbrough, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk
|East and West Midlands |
Covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire (except North and North East Lincolnshire), Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire
If you’re not sure how to tell us about your funding proposal
You can look at our Data Protection Statement to see how we use the personal data you give us.
We ask you to read and agree to our terms and conditions
Read our terms and conditions.
We'll also get in touch with you near the end of your funding and ask you about your progress, including:
- how many people you reached
- how many volunteers you worked with
- what you did
- what difference the funding has made.