How you can commemorate His Majesty The King’s Coronation
We are proud to support communities across the United Kingdom to take part in celebrations marking His Majesty The King’s Coronation.
As we commemorate this special event, thanks to National Lottery players there is a unique opportunity for people across the UK to come together to celebrate, build relationships, and create a legacy for future generations.
Here’s how you can get involved.
Host an event or activity – National Lottery Awards for All
National Lottery Awards for All funding is available to support events and activities that celebrate and commemorate the King’s Coronation on or around the weekend of 6 – 8 May.
Please note that your planned event or activity must meet our standard National Lottery Awards for All project criteria.
We can fund a range of activities through National Lottery Awards for All awarding grants from £300 up to£10,000. We expect activities supporting His Majesty The King’s Coronation to be small scale and driven by the community.
By a ‘community’, we mean people:
- living in the same area - like a city, town, or street
- who share characteristics - like beliefs, values, interests or faith
- who can be grouped together in some other way.
Projects could be a one-off event or activity taking place around the weekend of 6 May, such as:
- cultural festivals or activities to promote community cohesion and build connections across your community
- community events or activities engaging people from different generations and cultures to get to know one another and share experiences
- improving local spaces to provide a space for the community to connect to nature
- events or activities driven by the community to reduce isolation and help people to socialise again, for example a street party or community cooking event.
We’re unlikely to fund activities or events which involve no wider community engagement. The strongest applications will demonstrate a lasting impact beyond the Coronation weekend. It’s likely we’ll receive more applications than we’re able to fund.
To find out more and apply, visit our National Lottery Awards for All web page.
Applications relating to His Majesty The King’s Coronation must meet National Lottery Awards for All current criteria.
Make a lasting impact – Bringing People Together
Our Bringing People Together funding programme supports larger scale projects that build stronger, lasting connections across communities. This could be your opportunity to develop a project that uses His Majesty The King’s Coronation as inspiration to leave a legacy beyond the Coronation weekend.
You’ll need to demonstrate how your project will build connections and promote cohesion across typically disparate communities. We're looking for bold and experimental responses to bringing people together.
Remember your project must meet our standard Bringing People Together criteria and priorities. For your application to be eligible, you’ll need to demonstrate that your project can deliver across at least two UK countries (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).
To find out more and apply, visit our Bringing People Together web page.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com or on 0345 4 10 20 30.