You can tell us about your ideas online
Our new online form makes it easier for you to tell us about your funding proposals.
Start your proposal Continue your proposal
If you have any communication needs
Please contact us for help if completing a form is difficult or impossible for you. We’re happy to talk about other ways for you to tell us about your funding proposal.
If you don’t want to use our new online form
Don't worry, you can submit your idea as an email or video - here's what to tell us:
- the name of your project
- where it'll take place
- what you'd like to do
- how your project will involve your community
- how your project fits with local activities
- who will benefit from your project
- what difference your project will make
- how much money you need
- how long you need the money for.
Here's where to send your email or video:
|North East & Cumbria |
Covering Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland and Cumbria
|NEandCumbriateam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0191 376 1700 |
|North West |
Covering Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and Merseyside
|Northwestteam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0161 261 4646 |
|Yorkshire and the Humber |
Covering North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire
|YorksandHumberteam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0113 224 5349 |
|South West |
Covering Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Swindon, Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Devon, Torbay, Plymouth, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
|Southwestteam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0139 284 9747 |
|London, South East and East of England |
Covering Greater London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Bedfordshire, Peterbrough, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk
|Londonandsoutheastteam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0207 211 1998 |
|East and West Midlands |
Covering Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire (except North and North East Lincolnshire), Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire
|Midlandsteam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk||0121 345 7800 |
If you’re not sure how to tell us about your funding proposal
Here's what happens after you tell us about your funding proposal
- we'll email you to let you know we've received it
- if we like your project idea, your funding officer will get in touch to ask some more questions
- your funding officer will let you know if you should write a full proposal or not
- if we ask you to apply, we'll send some pointers to help you write your full proposal
- you send your full proposal back to us and we’ll do checks on the information - you can learn more about our checks here
- we'll then assess your project idea and decide whether to fund you or not.
Here's what happens if we ask you to write a full proposal
1. We'll tell you what information you need to include in your full proposal
Your funding officer will also give you extra advice if you need it. You’ll then write your own full proposal and send it back to us.
2. We'll let you know we've received your full proposal
We’ll send you an email, or letter, to let you know we have your full proposal.
3. Your funding officer will get in touch to talk about your full proposal
They could call you, or come to visit you face to face. Your funding officer will want to talk about your project. And they could have some extra questions about what you plan to do. This is also your chance to ask them anything too.
4. Your funding officer will assess your full proposal
Your funding officer’s assessment will go to The National Lottery Community Fund panel. They’ll decide whether to fund your project or not.
5. Your funding officer will let you know
If we decide to give you funding, your funding officer will let you know. They'll talk about next steps too.
If we decide not to fund your project, your funding officer will get in touch with feedback (to help your organisation plan for the future).
Here's what will happen next, if we decide to fund you
Once you’ve been awarded over £10,000 of funding from us, here’s what to expect. This page will also let you know about the things you need to do too.