1. Please make sure you have watched the presentation film , and read the Guidance Notes and the Frequently Asked Questions document.
2. Complete the online eligibility checker to make sure your organisation and project are eligible to apply
3. Follow the guidance on pages 9 to 11 of the Guidance Notes for details of how to apply.
4. Email your Idea to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on 2 October 2020
5. We will assess your Idea submission within two weeks and let you know if you have been invited to make a full application.
We encourage you to send us your Idea submission email well in advance of the deadline of noon on the 2 October 2020. This is because it may take us approximately two weeks to assess your proposal and make a decision about whether to will invite you to go on and make a full application.
The deadline for the full application submission is noon on the 29 October 2020, and we want to make sure you have enough time to complete the full application form. We ask for considerably more information and detail as part of the full application.
What to include in your Idea email submission:
There isn’t a specific application form for the Idea stage, but we are asking applicants to submit their Ideas via email using the following specific headings (see pages 9-11 of the Guidance Notes):
- Contact name, email address, telephone number – tell us the full name, email address and best contact telephone number for the person we should contact if we have any questions about your project idea.
- Project name – tell us the name of the project you want us to fund, you can change this later if you want to.
- Organisation name – tell us the full legal name of your organisation, as shown on your governing document.
- Organisation type – tell us what type of organisation you are: Private sector incorporated, Private sector unincorporated, Charity, Community Interest Company or mutual society, Public sector, or other (please give details).
- Project and organisation eligibility – please confirm that you have completed online eligibility check, and that both your organisation and project are eligible to apply.
- Permissions and consents – if appropriate, please confirm that you will be able to meet our requirements around permissions and consents in time for the full application deadline of noon on Thursday 29 October 2020. See Part four: Detailed guidance for capital projects for more details.
- Total project costs and amount requested – tell us how much you anticipate your project will cost, and how much of this amount you are applying for.
- Where it will take place - tell us the location / places in which your project will take place.
- Welsh Government Coastal Community Fund aims – Please tell us how your project will contribute to economic regeneration specifically in a coastal Town Centre.
- Project idea – In not more than 600 words, be sure to describe your project idea, how you know it will be successful, and how it fits with the current work of your organisation.
- How your project meets the criteria - in not more than 600 words tell us how your project will meet the aims and outcomes for the Welsh Government Coastal Community Fund.
In your submission, be sure to describe your project idea, how you know it will be successful, and how it fits with the current work of your organisation.
We will be looking for specific evidence to support your application. Examples of this might include headline data or information from: market research, customer consultations or surveys, feasibility studies, evidence of demand for proposed services, the headline basis for financial projections (i.e. expected income generation and expenditure, and how long it will take to become financially self-sufficient), details of local or projected footfall and customer/tourist spend per head, details of who else you are working with in support of the project, and how the project links to any relevant local or national strategies or plans if applicable.
Welsh Government Coastal Community Fund Programme Timings
- Idea Stage - The deadline for the submission of initial Ideas is noon on 2 October 2020.
- Full Application - The deadline to submit the full application is noon on Thursday 29 October 2020.
- Funding Decisions - Final funding decisions will be announced in March 2021.
- Project Duration - Projects must start before 1 July 2021 and be completed by 30 June 2023.
The Welsh Government Coastal Community Fund is a very popular programme and is extremely competitive, as such we are not able to fund all of the great projects that apply. In the last round we received approximately 170 initial applications, but the budget allowed us to make only 17 awards. We are anticipating a similar, if not greater level of demand in this current round.
If you have any questions, you can contact our Advice team by emailing:
calling 02921 680214 - this will connect you with one of our staff working from home and is open between 09.00 and 17.00, Monday to Friday.